(no subject)
Bernard.Lheureux at ibsbe.be ()
2006-03-20 15:29:00 UTC
I wanted to know if there was a solution for the problem of "removed
carriage returns" in attached text files passing through a MailScanner
configured as a gateway with CentOS 4.2 ans Sendmail with ClamAV and
Sophos.
I have read in the mailinglist that it should be a perl bug but in which
module, and how to fix it ?
Do you have an idea where I could point my searches to ?

Best regards / Vriendelijke groeten / Cordialement,

---
Bernard Lheureux
Consultant / System Engineer - Networking Team
IBS TECHNOLOGY AND SERVICES
Leuvense Steenweg, 643
1930 Zaventem - Belgium
Phone: +32-(0)2-723.91.11 Fax: +32-(0)2-723.92.99
http://www.ibsts.be
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Does anyone know why this is happening? I have asked this question on the
mailwatch lists and had no
response. I am in dire need to send out reports and for some reason I have
been rattling my brain
trying to fix this. I have not been successful.

It happens when I try to send reports... It does not send the email although
it says it has as shown below.

***@filter1 [/usr/mailwatch/tools]# ./quarantine_report.php

=== Generating report for XXXXX type=D

==== Recipient e-mail address is ***@XXXXX.id.au ==== Building list for
XXXXX ==== Found 0 quarantined e-mails ==== Building list for XXXXX.id.au
==== Found 2539 quarantined e-mails

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mailscanner/pear/Mail/mime.php on line 376

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mailscanner/pear/Mail/mime.php on line 417

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mailscanner/pear/Mail/mime.php on line 594

==== Sent e-mail to ***@XXXXX.id.au

***@filter1 [/usr/mailwatch/tools]#

Thanks

Shaun

_____

I wanted to know if there was a solution for the problem of "removed
carriage returns" in attached text files passing through a MailScanner
configured as a gateway with CentOS 4.2 ans Sendmail with ClamAV and Sophos.

I have read in the mailinglist that it should be a perl bug but in which
module, and how to fix it ?
Do you have an idea where I could point my searches to ?

Best regards / Vriendelijke groeten / Cordialement,

---
Bernard Lheureux
Consultant / System Engineer - Networking Team

IBS TECHNOLOGY AND SERVICES
Leuvense Steenweg, 643
1930 Zaventem - Belgium
Phone: +32-(0)2-723.91.11 Fax: +32-(0)2-723.92.99
<http://www.ibsts.be/> http://www.ibsts.be

-
This message has been scanned for viruses and malicious content by
MailShield
<http://www.mailshield.com.au> http://www.mailshield.com.au

MailShield E-mail Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam and Content Filtering Service. http://www.mailshield.com.au

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
you using php-4.4.0 aren't you?

go to those lines in the mime.php and remove the '&' from those lines.

Dave
Hi,
________________________________
ShaunM [MailShield]
2006-03-21 03:53:12 UTC
What program will tell me which line im at when editing?

Vi and nano don't.

Thanks
Shaun

go to those lines in the mime.php and remove the '&' from those lines.

Dave
Hi,
Post by ShaunM [MailShield]
been rattling my brain
trying to fix this. I have not been successful.
It happens when I try to send reports... It does not send the email
although
Post by ShaunM [MailShield]
it says it has as shown below.
=== Generating report for XXXXX type=D
for
Sent: Monday, 20 March 2006 8:29 PM
Post by ShaunM [MailShield]
This message has been scanned for viruses and malicious content by
MailShield
http://www.mailshield.com.au

-<br>
This message has been scanned for viruses and malicious content by
MailShield<br>
<A href="http://www.mailshield.com.au"><strong><font color="#44a82e"
size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif">http://www.mailshield.com.au</font></strong></A><font
color="#44a82e" face="Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif"><strong><br>
</strong></font>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
This message has been scanned for viruses and malicious content by MailShield<br>
Jeff A. Earickson
2006-03-21 04:05:25 UTC
What???!!! Of course vi will tell you. control-g at whatever line
you are on. Or if you want to see all lines, :set number will do it.

Jeff Earickson
go to those lines in the mime.php and remove the '&' from those lines.
Dave
Hi,
Post by ShaunM [MailShield]
been rattling my brain
trying to fix this. I have not been successful.
It happens when I try to send reports... It does not send the email
although
it says it has as shown below.
Rick Chadderdon
2006-03-21 04:07:25 UTC
Hitting CTRL-C in nano should show the line number near the bottom of
the page.
Vi and nano don't.
John Jolet
control-g in vim will do the same.
Dimitri Yioulos
2006-03-21 04:33:10 UTC
vi should. Look at the bottom of the editing screen. You should see the file
name number of lines and number of characters on the left, and the line and
column your cursor are in on the right (as in 3,1).

HTH

Dimitri
Post by ShaunM [MailShield]
What program will tell me which line im at when editing?
Vi and nano don't.
Thanks
Shaun
go to those lines in the mime.php and remove the '&' from those lines.
Dave
Hi,
Post by ShaunM [MailShield]
been rattling my brain
trying to fix this. I have not been successful.
It happens when I try to send reports... It does not send the email
although
it says it has as shown below.
believed to be clean.
Dennis Willson
go to those lines in the mime.php and remove the '&' from those lines.
Dave
Hi,
Post by ShaunM [MailShield]
been rattling my brain
trying to fix this. I have not been successful.
It happens when I try to send reports... It does not send the email
although
it says it has as shown below.
Sent: Monday, 20 March 2006 8:29 PM
Post by ShaunM [MailShield]
This message has been scanned for viruses and malicious content by
MailShield
http://www.mailshield.com.au
- -<br>
This message has been scanned for viruses and malicious content by MailShield<br>
<A href="http://www.mailshield.com.au"><strong><font color="#44a82e"
size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif">http://www.mailshield.com.au</font></strong></A><font
color="#44a82e" face="Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif"><strong><br>
Dennis Willson (***@taz-mania.com)

Owner, Operator of Kepnet Internet Services
http://www.kepnet.com

go to those lines in the mime.php and remove the '&' from those lines.
Dave
Hi,
Post by ShaunM [MailShield]
been rattling my brain
trying to fix this. I have not been successful.
It happens when I try to send reports... It does not send the email
although
it says it has as shown below.
Arnim Eijkhoudt

go to those lines in the mime.php and remove the '&' from those lines.
Dave
Hi,
Post by ShaunM [MailShield]
been rattling my brain
trying to fix this. I have not been successful.
It happens when I try to send reports... It does not send the email
although
it says it has as shown below.
ShaunM [MailShield]
2006-03-21 08:43:11 UTC
Heyas,

Thanks for that I didn't know that little trick.

However there is no & on any of those lines.

Anyone know what else it will be ?

Thanks
Shaun

go to those lines in the mime.php and remove the '&' from those lines.

Dave
Hi,
Post by ShaunM [MailShield]
been rattling my brain
trying to fix this. I have not been successful.
It happens when I try to send reports... It does not send the email
although
it says it has as shown below.

ShaunM [MailShield]
2006-03-23 08:53:21 UTC
Can anyone help me with this please?

There is no & on the lines mentioned and I still get the below errors.

Thanks
Shaun

Reply to
Shaun
Post by Dave Strydom
been rattling my brain
trying to fix this. I have not been successful.
It happens when I try to send reports... It does not send the email
although
it says it has as shown below.

Dave Strydom
2006-03-23 11:49:21 UTC
Hi Shaun,

Please email me that mime.php file.

Dave
Post by Dave Strydom
been rattling my brain
trying to fix this. I have not been successful.
It happens when I try to send reports... It does not send the email
although
it says it has as shown below.